Rob Singer founded Singer Legal PLLC in 2018 with one focus: the delivery of compelling, passionate advocacy to all clients facing criminal, military, and civil/administrative legal challenges.
Prior to opening his own firm, Rob served as a defense counsel, prosecutor, general counsel, and Special Assistant U.S. Attorney in various roles in the military, the Federal government, and in private practice.
Rob has represented his private clients or the United States in dozens of jury and bench trials and in hundreds of administrative hearings and depositions. As a federal prosecutor, Rob directed investigations into high-profile and sensitive matters. As a Commander (O-5) in the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps, Rob has served as an Executive Officer and led legal teams who provide legal advice to military commanders both at home and deployed abroad. In his current Navy Reserve assignment, Rob trains military attorneys and teaches military law and trial advocacy at the Naval Justice School. Rob also is a member of the Criminal Justice Act (CJA) panel in the Western District of New York as well as the Second Circuit, where he is appointed by the Court to represent indigent defendants in felony criminal trials and appeals.
Rob’s experience in the courtroom before judges and juries, in the military and government before commanders, law enforcement officers, and bureaucrats, and in the private sector with leaders of large and small companies lend him insight on what matters to decision-makers. Working together in collaboration with clients and expert consultants, Rob aims to leverage the experience and knowledge of his clients, his litigation team, and himself to ward off litigation and, if necessary, to present a convincing case to defeat legal adversaries no matter who they are.
In his free-time, Rob enjoys spending time with his family and coaching youth hockey.
Admitted to Practice
- New York, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- Hamilton College, Clinton, New York
- Major: Government
- U.S. Naval War College , Newport, Rhode Island
- Honors: Graduate, College of Naval Command & Staff, With Distinction
- Hockey Coach, Amherst Youth Hockey, 2015 to 2021
- Board of Directors, Matthewson McCarthy Baseball, 2015 to 2021
- Veteran Mentor, Buffalo Veterans Treatment Court
- Team Leader, Gift Committee, USS LITTLE ROCK (LCS-9) Commissioning Committee